What's the best method to scheduling MachE charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorMajorMajor

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the best way to schedule my MachE's charging. Do you use the car's settings, the FordPass app, or the charger's app?

I've noticed that my car charges to 100% regardless of the settings, and it starts charging as soon as I plug it in. Anyone else experiencing this?

The easiest way to manage your car's charge level is through the in-car settings or FordPass. Since FordPass can be a bit flaky, I prefer using the car itself. Sometimes, updates mess with your settings, so double-check that it's set to use your preferred charge settings.

You can also use a smart charger to control the charge time and level. But, it needs your current battery level, so you'll have to input it manually. Plus, using an external charger can prevent the car from charging from your home outlet during remote start or departure times. That's how I have mine set up, so I only use home charging during peak hours if I intentionally choose to. It's only happened a few times in over two years.

Back